Monday, March 14, 2011

Chocolate Mint Pie

Happy Pi Day!

Since today was Pi Day, I wanted to take a pie into work, but I also wanted something quick and easy. I settled on this Chocolate Mint Pie since it would also tie into Saint Patrick's Day!


Chocolate Mint Pie



Ingredients
1 package mint Oreo cookies
1/4 cup butter
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon mint extract, divided
1 1/2 cup whipped topping, divided
green food coloring


Directions
Crush 24 Oreo cookies into very fine crumbs. Melt butter and mix with Oreo crumbs until completely moistened. Press crumbs into 9-inch pie pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.

Roughly crush the remaining cookies until they are about the size of marbles. In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk until soft set. Fold in 3/4 cup of whipped topping and 1/4 teaspoon mint extract. Gently fold in 1 cup crushed Oreos.

In a separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup whipped topping with 1/4 teaspoon mint extract and a few drops of green food coloring.

Pour pudding mixture into cooled pie crust and spread out evenly. Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with remaining crushed Oreos.

Chill for 1 hour before serving.


Amanda's Analysis:
This was delicious! Chocolate, mint, Oreo's... I don't know what else to say. It is a yummy as it sounds! 7 spoons!

John's Jibba-Jabba:
I was not lucky enough to be able to eat the finished product but I did sneak a taste of each of the components and they were fantastic. This is a simple recipe and not the fanciest, but in this case simple is very good. This St. Patty's Pi gets 7 spoons.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Ok, If I win our NCAA brackets I want this for my prize. Mom