Monday, May 3, 2010

Turkey Tortilla Pinwheels

I don't know if this constitutes much of a recipe but I thought I'd pass along this idea anyways. At work we have recently started having a monthly potluck. It is a lot of fun to try other people's dishes and I have picked up a few recipes already. Last month I brought these Turkey Rollups to share. They are very simple and go together quickly.


Turkey Tortilla Rollups


Ingreients
tortillas
cream cheese
deli sliced turkey
red peppers, sliced
baby spinach
olives, chopped


Directions
Spread cream cheese on one side of a tortilla. Starting on one edge of the tortilla and working towards the other, place the ingredients in this order: olives, red pepper, turkey, spinach. Roll up the tortilla starting at the edge with the olives and repeat with all tortillas.

Place rolled tortillas in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1 inch slices and serve.

Amanda's Analysis:
I thought these rollups were very tasty and you could change any of the ingredients to suit your preferences. While this isn't a gourmet meal, it worked very well for the occasion and my coworkers all thoroughly enjoyed them. I can see myself making these or a version of these in the future. I give these tortilla rollups 5 spoons.

John's Jibba-Jabba:
I do not like olives so these rollups did not appeal to me. They tasted ok other than the olives but they are just not something I enjoy. I give these rollups 3 spoons.

1 comment:

KandBLoux said...

Oh John
I think I would have to agree with you on this one. The olives would do it in for me. I could see using other vegetables and maybe a type of spread like what you use on the vegetable pizza would be good.

Mom Loux