Monday, January 10, 2011

Asian Style Pork Chops

Pork chops were recently on sale so I wanted to find a new recipe to use on them. I found this recipe from Paula Deen and thought it sounded delicious! I made a few adjustments to fit my chops instead of pork tenderloin.


Asian Style Pork Chops


Ingredients
4 pork chops
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons dry red wine
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Directions
Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade over pork chops in a large plastic bag and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours.

Place chops in a baking dish at bake at 425° for 30-40 minutes.

Pour remaining marinade into small saucepan and simmer over low heat until reduced. Serve sauce over pork chops.


Amanda's Analysis:
These were delicious! The marinade added a nice sweet yet tangy flavor and the pork stayed very moist. I reduced my sauce a little too much, but it still was nice to have a little extra to drizzle on top. I served this with roasted potatoes, Brussels sprouts and onions and they went very well together. This will be added to my recipe box ASAP! I give these chops 6 spoons!

John's Jibba-Jabba:
These were good. 6 spoons.

No comments: