Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers

I have had a few Spinach and Feta Turkey Burger recipes saved in my Google Reader for awhile now and finally got around to making them. I took ingredients from a couple recipes to come up with my final recipe.


Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers

Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup oats
2 egg whites
6 ounces cooked spinach
2/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Form into 6 patties. Grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.


Amanda's Analysis:
I loved these burgers! I am beginning to like turkey burgers more and more, and the addition of spinach and feta was a nice change of pace. The spinach added some color while the feta gave it a slight saltiness. I ate mine with a little mayo which added some creaminess. I might experiment with adding some more spices next time, but overall I thought these were great. I give them 6 spoons!

John's Jibba-Jabba:
I did not like these burgers. The feta and spinach took over the patty and created an unappealing texture. The point of a turkey burger is to be a healthy take on the classic taste/texture of a real burger. This burger failed in both aspects. I give this disappointing burger 3 spoons.

No comments: